Thursday, October 16, 2008

The World Market

Hello all. I realized that when I was lead blogger a couple weeks ago, I posted an article that had already been posted on a previous page! So here is a new one from Al-Jazeera's website that is quite relevant. As the stock market dipped again yesterday (the second worst dip behind the 777-point drop), I always wonder what we are doing to the markets in other countries. Well, it appears that we are definitely effecting them. Essentially all markets over the world are experiencing drop-offs, whether big or small. Tokyo had their largest loss in two decades, while some European markets suffered only slightly. It's just interesting to see the true interaction of global media as sometimes we close ourselves off to how we are affecting and being affected by the world. I talked to my friend in China, and she said that the Chinese people are following the stock market and presidential race so closely that it is like it is happening in their country! But while all the markets are dipping, so are oil prices, which have reach a new 13-month low at $73.26 a barrel.

No comments: