Sunday, October 5, 2008

China 'spying on Skype messages'

Hey everyone, I'm lead blogger this week and this article was perfect for me, because of the fact that earlier this week I got an email regarding this issue from my friend who is in China. It again is an example of the extremes that certain governments will go to censor their people. They are going so far as to block instant messages that contain certain words and phrases that are deemed "offensive" by the government. To me, this means that any talk of something against the government is definitely deemed as offensive. Anything they can do to suppress the voice of the people will be implemented. China already censors a large amount of things that can be viewed by their people, and this is only adding fuel to the fire.

No comments: